For volunteer opportunities please click HERE
Job Title: Kitchen Assistant
Start Date: August 2021 or as soon as possible
Hourly Rate: Will be advised at interview (National Minimum Wage).
Hours: Part Time & Flexible.
The Ropewalk Coffee Shop is looking for a Kitchen Assistant to join our team.
You should be reliable, friendly and trustworthy and ready to help in any area of the kitchen & coffee shop if needed.
Summary of Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow Company Procedures and Rules.
- To ensure a high standard of customer service is provided at all times.
- To clean cutlery and crockery and use the kitchen equipment.
- To assist in preparation of food.
- Ensuring the counter is continually stocked with clean crockery and cutlery.
- Keep all area clean and tidy.
- To leave the coffee shop clean and tidy ready for the next day’s trade.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene at all times in order to maintain our 5* ‘Scores on the Doors’ hygiene rating.
- To restock and date check retail sales stock.
Please provide a covering letter and CV for this application no later than: Tuesday 20th July 2021.
Relevant experience is desired but not essential.
Application Deadline: 20/07/2021
Expected Start Date: August 2021 if not before
Job Title: Handy Person
Start Date: August 2021
Hourly Rate: £12.00
Hours: Mondays 9am to 5pm
We are looking for a Handy Person to join our team at The Ropewalk to work on a part time basis and to start in August 2021. The post is a new position and the successful candidate will be responsible for the light repairs and maintenance of the building.
The Handy person will need to deal with a range of different projects of all sizes maintaining the interior and exterior of the building and its equipment, which include:
- Fixing minor plumbing repairs, dripping taps, pipes and toilet repairs.
- Maintenance of doors and fixings.
- Painting and decorating.
- Minor roof and guttering repairs.
- Fitting, hanging and installing equipment.
- Repairing equipment.
- Landscape and pavement maintenance.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have been in a trade or a similar role that has a broad range of experience and skills. Qualifications in a trade will be advantageous but not necessarily essential.
We are looking for the following attributes:
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
- Good communication skills.
- A can do attitude.
- Can plan ahead and carry out routine maintenance.
- Can work autonomously.
We have a great volunteer team who work on a variety of maintenance activities in and around the building.
From time to time the successful candidate will be supporting and working with the volunteers on such tasks.
To apply for the position please send your current CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications: Friday 16th July 2021
Recently Filled Positions
Marketing Officer/Audience Development
Type of Contract: 2 Year Contract.
Hours: 0.8 FTE, 30 Hours per week, over 4 or 5 days
Reporting to: Managing Director
Start Date: 1 May 2020
Salary: £25,350 pro rata
Interviews will be held Monday 30 March.