For volunteer opportunities please click HERE
Advisory Board Members
Would you like to become a part of The Ropewalk Arts Centre? The Waterside Artists’ Co-operative is seeking new voluntary members for its Advisory Board. As the Co-operative approaches its 20th anniversary, it is looking to strengthen its existing Board members’ knowledge, skills and expertise in a number of key areas by recruiting well connected and experienced individuals. These are opportunities to make a real difference in the cultural makeup of the region and be part of a creative organisation. The Co-operative seeks to recruit board members from all backgrounds, ages and sections of the community.
Recently Filled Positions
Craft Gallery Co-ordinator
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a passion for craft and have excellent customer service skills. Applicants must have an arts degree and be able to work on their own initiative supporting and assisting colleagues with exhibitions and other gallery related events. Daily tasks include dealing with customers, displaying work, liaising with craft makers and artists as well as day to day supervision of junior members of the team following satisfactory completion of the six-month probationary period.
The post is for 37.5 hours per week on a four week rota:
Week 1 & 2 09.00-5.00 Tuesday to Saturday
Week 3 09.00-5.00 Tuesday to Friday
Week 4 09.00-5.00 Tuesday to Saturday, 09.00-4.30 Sunday
30 minutes unpaid lunch break. Starting salary is £8.25 per hour, rising to £8.75 on satisfactory completion of the probationary period with 28 days holiday (including allowance for public holidays) and Auto-enrolment pension scheme
Application by CV with covering letter to
Barton upon Humber
Or email email@example.com
Deadline for applications 5pm Fri 30 November 2018
Interviews w/c 3 December 2018
Depending on notice period start date 2nd January 2019
To download a full JOB DESCRIPTION Click HERE
Light and Sound Technician
Ropery Hall at The Ropewalk is looking for an experienced technician to provide sound and lighting support for music and touring theatre performances in Ropery Hall, ensuring a high quality audio visual experience to our audience. Additionally, to ensure the bar is fully stocked and support bar staff and volunteers at performances.
Summary of Main Duties and Responsibilities
To prepare and set-up a wide range of audio visual, sound, staging, video and lighting equipment and operate said equipment during events
- To act as primary technician on evening shows or as house technician when touring shows bring their own technician.
- Ensure that all audio visual services are delivered to performers in a professional and efficient manner
- Liaising with performers on finer details such as equipment placement, control areas, lighting angles, start time stage access and egress etc.
- Assist in maintaining quality control ie – Safe and suitable storage of equipment, monitoring condition of equipment, ensuring safe use of equipment, reporting any damage, faults etc
- Manage the Ropery Hall bar, responsible for stocking the bar, liaising with the brewery, cleaning pump lines as and when required, to serve hot and cold, alcoholic and soft drinks and snacks
Waiting: Job Advert August 2018
The Ropewalk, a regionally acclaimed centre for the arts, in Barton upon Humber is seeking staff for our coffee shop. Our busy Coffee shop provides a high quality, predominantly vegetarian, menu 7 days a week. We are looking for an experienced Waiting person to join our team helping in the smooth running of this busy area of the business.
You should be reliable & friendly, with excellent customer service and time management skills and be ready to help in any area of the kitchen & coffee shop if needed. Full training will be given to successful applicants.
HOURS: 26.5 hours per week, worked over two week shift pattern
Wage rate: minimum wage rate for age + Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme subject to meeting statutory criteria.
Weekend Waiting Person / Kitchen Assistant:
The Ropewalk Coffee Shop is looking for two-three Waiting staff &/or Kitchen Assistants to join our team helping in the smooth running of this busy area of the business at weekends.
These posts would especially suitable for, but not restricted to, young people 16 – 19 years old who are looking for part time work whilst studying.
You should be reliable & friendly and ready to help in any area of the kitchen & coffee shop if needed. Full training will be given to successful applicants.
Exact shift days/times to be confirmed but expected to be alternate Saturdays or Sundays but there will be opportunity for extra shifts during busy/holiday periods.
Wage rate: minimum wage rate for age
Summary of Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure a high standard of customer service is provided at all times.
- Serving customers and cash handling
- To assist in preparation of food when required.
- Ensuring the counter is continually stocked with clean crockery and cutlery.
- Keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy.
- To leave the coffee shop clean and tidy ready for the next day’s trade.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene at all times in order to maintain our 5* ‘Scores on the Doors’ hygiene rating.
- To restock and date check retail sales stock
- To serve refreshments in meeting rooms and deliver buffets when required
- To provide occasional telephone answering cover as necessary.
Please apply in writing with CV to The Ropery Coffee Shop or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive by Friday June 22.