Thank you to all our friends and customers who attended the open meeting on the evening of Wednesday 27 March. Some interesting ideas were put forward although I think we will hold off on the Burlesque and Cocktails night for a while. Someone also suggested that we do a tattoo convention and Richard thinks we could combine it with a Sci-fi convention and call it Tattooine!
One thing that did come across strongly was a willingness to help and for that I am extremely grateful. So never let it be said that we let the grass grow under our feet – our first ever call for volunteers!
Could you deliver some of the Ropewalk Magazines when you are out and about? We would like to have a presence in every hairdressers, dentist, opticians, doctors, company staff room, gym, and public space in Lincolnshire, East Riding, Hull and beyond. If you can take magazines out for us please email Jodie@the-ropewalk.co.uk with details of where you can take them and we will compile a list of where they are going and email to you so you can see if we’ve missed any. We will then email our army of distribution volunteers when the magazines are printed every quarter.
Ideas we will be looking into over the next couple of months are
- Legacy giving for The Ropewalk on the website
- Programming film and theatre matinees in the next autumn programme
- Compilation of a mailing list of large companies to put Ropewalk Magazines in their staff rooms and details on their HR mailings
- More dancing gigs like Hot 8 to change the demographic of the audience
- Presence at local shows ie Lincolnshire, Winterton
- Establish a children’s trail/cultural passport
Ones that will take more discussion and consideration
- Week of films – International film festival
- Tattoo convention
- Literature festival
- Speed dating
- Film club
- Burlesque and cocktails night
- Community kiln and pottery room
- London Affordable Art Fair
- Transport to events for older patrons
- Research becoming an English Heritage “associated attraction”
- Customer survey/questionnaire for those who currently do not attend. Canvas more widely
- Leaflet drop
- Establish permanent outdoor eating area for Coffee Shop
- Events Board at Tesco
- Seek nominations for national/regional tourism competitions and similar
- Community art event
- Museum at night sleepovers
If anyone has any further comments please contact me.